The Institute for Individual Investors (IFII.com) is committed to protecting … and respecting … your privacy.
We take your individual privacy very seriously and rest assured that we NEVER share any of your information with any third parties.
These examples are illustrative and should not be considered a complete inventory of our information collection, use and sharing practices. We will comply with applicable state laws that may restrict the types of information we may disclose about you or require us to provide you with additional notices.
- What information do we gathered and track about you?
- What does IFII.com use your personal information for?
- How do we (and our advertisers) use “cookies” to track you?
- What do we use this information for?
- What disclosures permitted by law do we allow?
- Are there any other other uses?
- How can I correcting and update my Information?
- How do you keep my information secure?
- How can I unsubscribe from your newsletters?
- What do you do with my information when I’m no longer a customer?
1. What information do we gathered and track about you?
IFII.com gathers two types of data about users: (a) personal information, which individual users provide (i) when registering as a subscriber to one of our premium subscription services, and (ii) voluntarily at certain other points, such as contests or surveys; and (b) tracking information, which is automatically collected about all visitors to our sites.
2. What does IFII.com use your personal information for?
IFII.com collects personal information in several places on our web sites, which are set forth generally below. We will always provide a secure area of our sites for you to enter your information, but if you prefer, you may talk offline to a customer service representative and provide the required information over the telephone or via email.
3. How do we (and our advertisers) use “cookies” to track you?
Tracking data consists of both individual and aggregated tracking information and is automatically gathered using “cookies.”
- What is a “cookie”?
A cookie is a small data file containing information, such as a user’s login name, that is written to the user’s hard drive by a web server and used to track the pages visited. Cookies used by IFII.com are encoded and contain a unique digital signature to prevent tampering. They do not contain user passwords. The individual information gathered in this manner is used for internal purposes only, such as accessing a member’s account information. We also use the information on an aggregate basis, to track the readership of stories and usage of our products, to analyze traffic patterns on our sites, and to provide anonymous reporting of usage for internal and external clients.
- Tracking by our Advertisers
IFII.com’s advertisers include financial services companies (such as brokerage firms, banks, and mortgage companies) and non-financial services companies (such as computer manufacturers, software companies, automobile makers and retail stores). IFII.com’s advertisers and advertising vendors display targeted advertisements. Although IFII.com does not provide any personal information to the advertiser or advertising vendor, by interacting with or clicking on an ad you consent to the possibility that the advertiser will assume you meet the targeting criteria used.
- In addition to cookies placed by IFII.com , described above, advertisers and advertising vendors that serve ads onto our web sites may use their own cookies or other tracking technologies. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any such advertisers and vendors.
4. What do we use this information for?
5. What disclosures permitted by law do we allow?
- Again, IFII.com respects your privacy and does not sell or disclose personal information about you described above to with other people or nonaffiliated companies, except to provide you with products or services, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information on a confidential basis to nonaffiliated companies we engage as contractors or agents to perform services for us, such as maintaining software, sending direct mail or administering a sweepstakes or contest. Information will be shared with such contractors only to the extent reasonably necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, and pursuant to confidentiality obligations;
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, from law enforcement agencies or state and
Disclosures for Joint Marketing and Servicing
IFII.com may disclose all the information we collect as described above to other companies such as direct marketers to perform marketing services on our behalf, or to financial institutions, such as banks, insurance companies and securities broker-dealers, with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
6. Are there any other other uses?
- Premium Services
- If you’re a subscriber, we use your email address, postal address or fax number, as applicable, to deliver our premium products and services.
- Special Offers and Advertisements
- We may from time to time send you special offers and advertisements for products or services offered by third parties. We will not disclose any of your personal information to such third parties when we do this. If you do not wish to receive third party offers and advertisements, please contact our customer service department.
7. How can I correcting and update my Information?
IFII.com offers to its members the ability to correct or update online the information we collected during registration by contacting our customer service department.
8. How do you keep my information secure?
IFII.com limits access to personal information about you to those employees whom we determine need access to that information to provide products or services to you.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your personal information. However, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our servers, nor can we guarantee that information that users supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
9. How can I unsubscribe from your newsletters?
In each email issue of our newsletters you will find an ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom. Simply click on it to be removed from our newsletter immediately.
Alternately, you can contact our customer service department here and our team will remove you as soon as they get to your request (well within 24 hours).
10. What do you do with my information when I’m no longer a customer?
Questions or comments regarding this policy should be directed to our Customer Service Department. IFII.com reserves the right to modify this policy.